1. Ava Rose is two weeks old! She is doing so well. Ava is a great eater, sleeper, and overall super happy baby. I am always so excited to wake her up for feedings and to kiss her sweet baby cheeks.
2. Joey and Genna have been staying with my parents this week. We were only planning for them to stay for a few days, but the first night Joey threw up and Genna had a runny nose. My parents wanted to make sure Ava didn't catch it, so they are keeping them until Friday. We have appreciated their help so much. To top that off, Cory's parents took the kids over the weekend, so we have had a week off. As much as we are enjoying our break, we miss those kids. I am trying to just focus on resting up so I am ready for Friday when I have all three kids with me.
3. Me? I am recovering quickly from having baby number 3. It is pretty amazing how much easier it is third time around. I really love having a newborn to slow me down. I am literally forced to sit on the couch every 2.5 to 3 hours to feed. It is really good for me and I truly enjoy my snuggles with Ava.
4. Cory? He has been a huge help. I love watching the two of them together. It is seriously one of the sweetest things to see a dad cuddle his daughter. He is definitely tired having to work all day, but he still comes home and helps set up dinner if need be and has been cleaning up dinner while I nurse. I am blessed with a great husband.
5. We are getting pretty excited for the big Seahawks game this weekend. Last time I was this excited was back in college when we went to the Superbowl. It is amazing how much has changed since then....
6. I forgot how much having a newborn slows you down in the morning. By the time I eat breakfast, shower, feed the baby, and get everyone ready for the day, it seems like it is no earlier than 10. I am going to have to work on this whole getting up and ready thing, but for now I am just going to relax and take my time.
7. I don't know why this just came to me, but one of the first things Joey told us after meeting Ava makes me laugh every time I think about it. He was holding her on the couch and said "I'm going to teach her everything I want!" haha. I am sure he meant to say everything he knows, but it was so cute I couldn't correct him. Joey and Genna have been having so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa, I'm not sure if they will want to come home :). Although they keep asking about their sister Ava. I love that they miss her and have only known her for two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment