Saturday, March 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes

1. Cory is currently taking his WREB exam (clinical boards).  I am so excited/nervous for him today.  He really felt a sense of peace yesterday.  Thank you all for your prayers.  I know it was a big part of him calming down. 

2. We have had BEAUTIFUL weather lately.  Our high is 87 today!  I have already packed a lunch and the kids and I are meeting up with a few of my girlfriends and their children for a picnic at the park. I love getting out of the house with the kids and spending our time outside. 

3. For those of you wondering, we still do not know where we will be working.  Hopefully that will become clear this summer.  We plan to live with family for the summer, so we should be on both sides of the state :). 

4. Water is such an amazing thing.  If you are thirsty, you drink it.  If you are dirty, you use it to clean yourself off.  If your kids are fussy, you give them a bowl of water outside and they are happy for hours!  Of course this only works if you live in a warm state like AZ.

5. I am so excited that the Hunger Games is out.  I have to wait until this week to watch the movie, but I can't wait to see it. 

6.  I was thinking the other day that this summer will be the first summer in a long time that I wasn't in my third trimester being pregnant or having an infant.  I am really excited to watch the kids run around this summer and play without having to nurse or stay home for lots of naps.  Looking forward to sitting outside, drinking lemondade, and watching Joey and Genna run and play in the water.

7. We went swimming yesterday for the first time this year.  It felt so good and the kids loved it.  I can't wait to go swimming more these next few months.  Oh, and one more thing.  Cory went running with me yesterday!  I was shocked.   He did great for a guy who is not a long distance runner and hasn't ran in years.  I was out of shape because I haven't ran sense last December, but we are planning to run 3 times a week to stay in shape.

1 comment:

  1. If you are in Spokane at all this summer we should get together!

    ReplyDelete