Friday, February 14, 2014

7 quick takes

1.  Life has been really busy lately.  I have been in a major organizing mode lately.  It has been good, but at the same time, I don't stop moving. Lucky for me, I was so lazy at the end of my pregnancy I have so much to organize!  I have more energy now that I'm not pregnant and....

2. Ava is such an easy baby.  She sleeps well, and when she cries it is because a) she pooped, b) she is hungry, or c) tired.   When I lay her down, I just swaddle her, put a pacifier in her mouth and 90% of the time she just falls asleep.  And the number one thing, she sleeps on average from 9:30pm until 6 or 7 am without waking up!  So NICE!  I am a new woman :).  I keep waiting for her to get hard...or something to get hard.  I know, such an pessimistic thinker.  I need to think optimistically. 

3. Genevieve is 3 years old and spunky as ever!  She is so creative with her free play.  I love listening to her as she makes all her toys "talk." She even talks in a deep voice.  I am loving this age...and despising it at the same time (tantrum central).  She can be the sweetest thing, telling you she loves you randomly, then the next thing you know she is throwing herself on the ground crying.  Her new thing, taking toys out of Joey's hand and then running away laughing.  Poor Joey. lol.

4. Joseph (or Joey as he prefers) is turning into such a cute little boy.  He is learning to think of others by asking them questions.  It was so cute when we went to drop him off at childcare at church yesterday for our church mission.  He immediately asked the girls their name, then repeated their names saying "hi, so and so."  Then asked them how old they are.  lol.  That made me laugh.  Glad they were young girls, because that question isn't always easy for people to answer.  His vocabulary is improving and I think it is so sweet to hear him say certain things.  For example, when Genevieve is making him sad, sometimes I hear him say, "Genna, you are breaking my heart!!"  This kid really is so sweet.  He has been working on being "tough" because he gets so emotional so easy sometimes.  So when he is trying not to whine and cry he will scrunch his nose while he says something. Haha, it is so funny.

5.  This clock is my new best friend! It is called the time to wake clock.  It lights up green when the kids can get out of bed.  We have had it for a week and the kids don't leave until it lights up.  Genevieve and Joey would wake us up as early as 5:30 some mornings, but now they don't get up until at least 630 on the weekdays and 7 on the weekends!  So genius.

6. 3 of my 5 closest friends from high school are coming for the weekend this weekend! I am so excited for them to meet Ava and to spend much needed girl time.  Cory is letting us off the hook Saturday night and we are going out to dinner! Can't wait.

7. We have started to make such a great community of friends at church! I am so grateful.  Today, 3 moms and their kids came to our home for a play date!  I love getting to know them and their kids.  All together we had 12 kids here, including two babies.  3 girls, 9 boys....so many boys haha. 

2 comments: