After things calmed down, we put some Aloe on the burn, cleaned it and bandaged it, and she seemed to be doing fine. She favored the hand a bit, but we felt confident we could wait til we got back into town to see a Doctor. My sister in law is a medical assistant and we talked to some friends from AZ that we knew who are currently residents.
On Monday we took her into the Dr. and they had to pop the blisters and cut away the dead skin. Genevieve was a champ and hardly flinched from all the pokes she was given. She is truly my hero because I have such a low pain tollerance. I have a few pictures of her hand for those who are interested but for the squirmish I would not suggest you look at them. I will start with the bandaged hand photo and her sweater first so you still have time to turn away.
Here is the sweater she was wearing, this is after I washed it..imagine it all dirty and black.
It was rediculously hard to get her to stop moving so I could snap a photo of her bandaged hand
WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS OF BURN!!!
She has mainly a 2nd degree burn, but part of it is considered a 3rd degree burn....my poor baby!
This is totally a mothers worst nightmare while camping, other than a bear attack. This burn didn't stop her for too long from still having a great time camping. Next time I just might be watching the fire like a hawk.
Oh scary!!! Glad she is ok!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou poor dear! Glad that Genna is doing better, she is one tough little cookie!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Genna! That is super freaky. She is so brave to tough out the rest of the trip! Glad she is doing okay!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she is doing ok! Poor little girl! What a scare!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that happened, but glad she is ok! That is a mothers worst nightmare!! Good reminder for me about fire safety with toddlers. Madeleine Frisch fell in the fire pit when we went camping earlier this summer, but fortunately she landed on the side where the fire wasn't really burning. Whew!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I think I had a heart attack and cried for you! How scary that must have been and what a champ Genna was. We went camping a couple weeks ago and I just can't imagine. I'm so glad she is okay and minimally hurt. Praise God! And what a champ, if that had happened to Monica, she would still be crying (no pain tolerance).
ReplyDeleteOh, pobrecita! That little girl is such a trooper! I'm so sorry that she, you and Cory had to feel such terror at such an injury, but I'm so happy she's OK!
ReplyDeleteSo scary!! I'm late reading this, but I'm so glad she's okay. And seriously, she and Madeleine are two peas in a pod. Madeleine fell in this summer too like Lindsey said, and we were just lucky all she came away with was ash. These crazy girls. Those burn pictures are so sad, what a strong mama and baby.
ReplyDelete