Friday, December 2, 2011

7 Quick Takes

1. Dental Boards: is making our life a little dull around here.  Cory has scheduled his boards for the end of January and so he is spending all of his "free" time studying.  He comes home from school, spends a few minutes playing with the kids, but then heads to his bedroom to study.   He eats dinner with us, but then leaves to study for the rest of the night.  We sure miss having him around, but we understand that if he studies hard he will be ready for the test in Jan.  Lets just say I am making a lot of crockpot meals because trying to cook dinner at night without Cory available to help watch the kids is difficult.  We will be celebrating come Feb. :). 

2. Recipes: speaking of crockpot meals, I found an awesome website on pinterest that has amazing crockpot meals.  You should check this site out if you are a crockpot lover like me :). 

3. Organization: I have been in a serious organizing mode lately.   Living the apartment life can be pretty cramped sometimes and I am trying to simplify things.  I am trying to do this without spending too much money.  We are all about saving, saving, saving :).

4. Nanny: One of Cory's classmates and his wife just asked me to watch their baby starting in January for two days a week.  I am really excited to watch their sweet daughter.  It will be fun to have a cuddly baby around and to hopefully teach Genna to be gentle.  Plus, with moving costs coming up in June, it will be nice to put the money I make into savings to help pay for that :). 

5. Not so terrible twos: I have been pleasantly surprised to find that Joey has been overall pretty pleasant throughout his 2's so far.  I thought year one-two was way more difficult than two-three has been so far.  Mainly because he is starting to communicate finally.  Don't get me wrong, he still has his moments, but now I can reason with him and he understands!  He is becoming a better eater because of the reasoning aspect.  Such a relief.

6. Big Boy Bed:  We transitioned Joey into a big boy bed.  I think I overthought the whole thing.  I really felt it would be more difficult then it was.  He really loves his bed and stays in it until we get him up.  He has been getting up earlier (7am vs 8am), but that is fine because I am up before than with Genna.  He has always been so good about going to bed when we tell him to, so I shouldn't have been so worried. 




7. Walking before 1?: Genna started walking with a "walker" yesterday.  She is way more advanced than Joey was (he walked at 14 months).  Genna is only 10 months old.  I wouldn't be surprised if she takes steps around Christmas.  Running after two kids could get a little crazy :). 

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. word. I have been meaning to tell you about the Crockin Girls because they are in my office all the time!! The owner of the company I work for also is a main investor in the Crockin Girls!!

    ReplyDelete