Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Schad Visit

Do you ever meet someone who you feel like God created just for you?  I mean this in a really non-creepy way.  That's how I feel about one of my best friends, Karen.  We met in Arizona while Cory was in Dental School, Karen was in Pharmacy School, and her boyfriend, now husband, was in Medical School.  We all became friends pretty quickly.  Turns out they were both Catholic, so they picked us up and took us to Mass for the first time.  I celebrated my 23rd birthday away from family and friends for the first time, and they made me feel so special.  We went bowling and a few weeks later went to a Journey concert.  I still to this day laugh every time I think about that concert. 

Karen is the type of friend you can only be lucky to find.  She is so funny.  I'm talking laugh til your crying type of friend.  At the same time, I can have some of the deepest conversations with her.  We relate in so many ways.  I know that even though she lives all the way in Northern California, she would be here for me if I needed her.  I love her so much and cannot imagine my life without her.  Anyways...enough with the sappy part.

Karen and I made a pact.  We would alternate visiting each other every year.  Last summer we paid them a visit and this summer was her turn.  Unfortunately her husband couldn't join, something about finishing his LAST week of RESIDENCY!  So proud of them both.  If 4 years of school isn't tough enough, 3 more years of tons of hours with very little pay puts the cherry on top.  While he finished his last week, she came here with her two precious sons.  We had a blast. 

Honestly, we didn't do a whole lot.  We let the kids play and we chatted, played games, went on a hike, and met a friend of hers for dinner (the head coach for the Women's Basketball team at Gonzaga). It was just fun being together.  It was so good for my soul.  How I miss them already!

Here are a few photos from when they were here.  Why didn't we take a photo together? 




1 comment:

  1. ah--love you friend! So happy we got to see you all this summer! Can't wait for Quincy 2015!! :):)

    ReplyDelete