1. I am tired. We made a big mistake giving Genna a pacifier when she sleeps and now I am a slave to it. Last night I swear I was up every 20-30 minutes to replug her. She never needs to eat, she just wants her pacifer. In a few weeks when Cory is on break, we are going to try operation take pacifier away. Wish us luck.
2. We gave Genna green beans today for the first time. She seemed to like them :). However, she doesn't eat quite as much as Joey did!
3. We are heading to Washington next weekend, just for the weekend...crazy I know. My mom is bringing Scott Hahn (a Catholic speaker) to do a mini one evening retreat and we plan to attend. Cory gets to drive him from the airport to the church which is about 2 hours each way! I bet you can imagine he is excited :).
4. I am looking forward to cooler weather very soon. We have made it through 2 of the 3 hottest months here...although september can still be pretty hot, it is usually the beginning of a cool down, depending on the year. I am looking forward to running outside, biking, and letting Joey and Genna play outside :).
5. We have been really into cooking and eating healthy lately. It is really fun trying to revamp our eating habits. If you have any yummy healthy dishes, please pass it on :).
6. T-10 months until Cory graduates from Dental school! So excited. I can't believe how fast these last 4 years have gone....which leads to number 7.
7. After a LOT of prayer and consideration, we have pretty much decided to move to Seattle when Cory graduates! We are super excited to get back in contact with many old friends. :).
Yey! I am SO excited you will be in the area! =) Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to cook more from scratch too and if you really want to open a can of worms - read the book "Nourishing Traditions". It is mostly a cook book but has a great 70-page introduction that teaches you all about real nutrition.
Yeah for Washington!!! I'm excited for all of you!!
ReplyDeleteYES!!!! You're coming home!!!!
ReplyDeleteI second Lindsey's recommendation for Nourishing Traditions. It's pretty amazing, but be prepared to feel like a total failure at first when you realize that pretty much every "healthy" thing you thought you were nourishing your family with isn't and you have to start all over again. It's a process -- take it little by little -- and you and your family will be better for it! :) A couple good blogs to check out in this regard are Kelly the Kitchen Kop and the Healthy Home Economist. Happy reading! Oh, and by the way, so excited to hear that you are leaning toward coming back to WA!
ReplyDelete