Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parents

I remember my mom telling me when I was younger that I would not understand a parents love until I was one.  I usually shrugged that off thinking, whatever.  Now I know what she means. 

No matter what my children do, my love for them grows exponentially each moment.  I may not always get a good nights sleep or any sleep at all, I may get vomited on several times a year, I may want to pull my hair out multiple times in a day due to constant whining, and I may feel desperate for alone time at least once a week, but no matter what, these things somehow deepen my love for them. 

When I see the tears streaming down my 2 year olds face, my heart melts and I know that the only thing either of us can do is sit together and embrace.  When my 11 month old wakes up at 4 am crying because of stomach pain or teething, the only cure is cuddles and kisses. 

I may be walking around in a constant daze, but I know that I have so much love in my life.  I know I am beyond blessed to have these two children placed in my care (Cory's too).  Sure, I could be well rested each day, but my life would not be as fullfilled as it is with my children in my life. 

So thank you to all parents out there for sacrificing so much for us and for loving us unconditionally.  Thank you especially to my parents and Cory's parents for teaching us how to love our children with that same sacrifical love.  And thank you to God for modeling this better than anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment